Tuesday 14 August 2012

I love my crafting mags. I put the date that they are due out as a reminder on my phone so I can get them on the first day!! I do from time to time enter into the competions as the prizes can be fantastic, and buying crafting goodies can be expensive so you have to find canny ways of getting your hands on some crafty goodies. A couple of days ago a very large package came through my door. It was one of the competions, one had come through and the one that I had my fingers crossed for.Yippee!!

It was the new range from American crafts. 4 packs of 12 x 12 papers double sided!! 4 packs of 6 x 6 papers, 12 sheets of alphas, silver and gold glitter ribbon, 4 sheets of tags and borders, 2 stamps, card stock stickers, rub ons, tags and embellishments and an ideas book, WOW!! I was so happy I just kept stroking all the goodies. The papers were gorgeous and different to anything that I had in my stash, in fact the whole range was completly different to anything that I had and I absoultly loved it.

 I made card to send off to the magazine to say thank you staright away and it is very different to what I usally make which is good because we can all get in to a rut, even us creative crafty types. I made the card by matting and laering some of the papers onto a 8 x 8 card. What was wonderful is that the papers have been distressed already in all different ways, so a quick card with no mess, a winner really. I took a luggae label from my own stash and added the alphas to say thank you. These letters are fantastic and have good depth to. There are loads of die cut embellishments so I took one of a girl in a pretty dress and added a bunch of flowers with some glue gel. added a couple of butterflies ( they are made from dress makers pattern, how clever) and some gold peel offs and Bob's your uncle, all done. I really like it as it is different from what I normally make and it has got my creative juices flowing so watch this space.


I hope you like it, tell what you think and keep a look out for American Crafts products, they are fab!!





B'xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment