Tuesday 14 August 2012

New cards on my Folksy page

I have been so busy over the last few weeks as well as a bad bout of Lupus and spinal flair ups that I have been missing from here so I thought that I would give you a little look at what I have been making for the page and a sneak peak of what I am going to be uploading over the next few days.
I made these cards when my back was better but the Lupus made an unwelcome appearance. When I get like this the best thing to do is to keep calm and find something gentle to do, so here we go.....

I have fallen in love with 8 x 8 size cards and have made load of cards both everyday and Christmas (yes Christmas, I have to start early). You can do so much with them, a very versatile size. Using them as just straight tent fold of course is great as you can make interesting features on the front without overcrowding it. What is wonderful is as it is a decent size you can make other interesting folded cards. easel, gatefold, peekaboo and aperture. In this first batch I made a few easel cards. This one on the right is a standard size and as you can see even with a large topper you can still have other areas of interest on the card.

I also made loads of cards with images of British summer, seaside, picnic, cricket. What was funny was while I was making all these cards it was raining all the time and the temperature was closer to November temperates than June and July. I had loads of fun making these cards as the weather was awful so I would have been stuck in anyway. What was lovely was the range of cards  could make because of the quality of the card stock in the card kits that I was using (Hunkydory). I do not usually use card kits as I always thought that it didn't allow you to be really creative as you are tied to what they give you but I had loads of fun cutting this way and that, using mirror card and acetate to create different effects.



I have made a start on my Christmas cards. I have a large family as well as cards needed for the website and order and again this year there will be a real mix of styles. Some card kits, as I loved working with the ones I got this year. I have bought a couple of new CD Roms for the card packs for the website and orders of course. I will also be digging out the old favourites, The Snowman and this year Father Christmas collections. I haven't yet taken photos of these but will get round to it before I go back to my normal job in September and I will give the blog first look of what will be on sale from mid October onwards.

Funny how I haven't written a post for a few weeks and here you get 2 in one day, funny that.

B'xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment