Sunday 2 September 2012

Best Friends

As an 43 year old woman I have had many friends come and go over the years. Friends that I may have called "best" now I use the phrase "close" as best sounds a bit primary schoolish,  but all those friends have been by my side and me by theirs in times of need. The moments I love and cherish are those moments where you just want to have a good old fashioned gossip and catch up. When I first saw the S.W.A.L.K range I loved the images that they depict, as they are very close to real life scenes that we all can relate to.

The imaged is decoupaged and I like to use glue gel instead of foam pads so that I can move the pieces round and mould the layers so that the image has a more realistic 3D look. I matted the image on to matching cardstock. I used a 8x8 card and matted silver card onto the base card and then layered coloured patterned paper on top. When layering the paper I placed the paper portrait and then landscape with a slight overlap to bring the colours out of the main image and give the card different points of interest. I wrapped the card with ivory lace ribbon and attached the the main image to the card.
I finished off the card with a cluster of ribbon flowers and paper flowers  in one corner. I placed faux coloured pearls in the top left hand corner and cute heart shaped gingham buttons and a small pink spotted button in the bottom right hand corner. To frame the card I used silver peel offs in two of the corners. I finished off the card with a pink glittered "Happy Birthday" sentiment which is cut into a tag shape with a black ribbon.
No card  is complete without an insert, so I added an insert with the verse "Have the best of Birthdays, And happy times all year! You're so caring and thoughtful in every way, It's true. That's why this card comes filled with love especially for you! Happy Birthday". The verse is surrounded by lilac coloured hearts.

I love the image in this scene as I am sure that everyone can relate to. Catching up with a real friend over a glass of wine and I have shared some wonderful times with friends putting the world to rights over a glass of wine or two and I am sure that you can relate to this image to.

You can find this card and many others on my Folksy page.
8x8 S.W.A.L.K Birthday Card

No comments:

Post a Comment