Saturday 22 September 2012

It's Christmas!!!!!

I know it's not quite Christmas yet but I have been busy beavering away for a few weeks now trying to make the hoards of cards that I will need for the festive season. At first it was a little weird making Christmas cards in the middle of the summer; well not really, we didn't have much of summer did we? After the first batch though I was really getting into the Christmas Sprit, glitter, gems, silver and gold mirror card, ribbon cute characters, I was in my element. I have loved looking over all the new  products that come out in the summer for for us crafters to play with. There are so many new styles and new techniques it has been like Christmas, Christmas come early.
This card is just so cute I don't think I could send or sell it, you're not supposed to have a favourite when you make cards to sell but I just love the image on this card. The image is watercoloured which gives it a softness, but still striking. As the main topper is foiled in gold I thought that gold embellishments would look fantastic. I used a Snowflake die to cut out some snowflakes from gold mirror card and some Christmas themed card stock from Hunkydory. After Matting and layering gold mirror card and red snowflake patterned paper. I wrapped some red Christams ribbon round the card and paper. I also cut some Christmas trees from the same card stock that I had cut the snowflake. I placed 1 of the tress in the top corner and the attached the topper on top,( which had been matted on black card)  so that part of the tree is showing. I then placed 3 of the die cut trees overlapping each other in the bottom corner. I added a sentiment matted on black card palced it one of the corners with a gold snowflake in it's corner. I finished off the card with a cluster of gold snowflakes in a top corner of the card.





I have made similar cards which will be availble on my www.folksy.com page so please come over and have a look. I may be persuded to add this card t the range, if you ask me nicley.
See you soon
B'xxx

I would like to enter this card in the Crafter's Companion Monthly challenge 28 Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment